For some odd reason I have withdrew from writing a post in quite some time. It must be that I have been busy at work with my new position or that once I get home, I get so lost in reading other people’s blogs and entranced by old House episodes, that I completely forget that we have a blog as well.
Well here are few things that I have been thinking about while I’ve been absent (minded):
1. Sprinkles- I’m not sure what is going on lately, but I have been dreaming about many foods that typically necessitate sprinkles i.e. donuts, cupcakes, ice cream, oatmeal (I mean, why not?). I’m not sure what is going on with this whole obsession but I do know that it has led me to make several of Katie’s single lady cupcakes in the past week.
2. The beach- I really really would love a vacation… preferably one that includes perfect weather and the sound of crashing waves. Kyle and I went to California for our honeymoon nearly two years ago. Since then, we haven’t had a vacation for nearly two years and I definitely hear the sandy beach beckoning us.
Another unusual obsession, but again I’ve found that I need a dose of it everyday…especially in my oatmeal. Ideally I’d like to have a warm buttery english muffin to slather it on, but our grocery store was out of the ones that I really prefer.
4. The desire to eat really delicious food but a waning desire to actually get creative in the kitchen and make it. It would be ideal to just eat out every night here… but sadly the funds just ain’t there. It’s shocking how much of a difference (monetarily speaking) it makes to eat out several nights rather than go to the grocery store and buy food that lasts you a couple weeks. I personally feel that even with the prices of food going up, we get a whole heck of a lot more out of our grocery bill than going to Chipotle and Old Chicago’s a couple nights a week.
5. I’ve realized how much I generally love to sit around and do nothing. I feel like I am often running around like crazy, especially at work, so when I get a day off to relax I truly love to laze about and piddle around in our apartment. My personality definitely requires me to rest and withdraw and it brings me pleasure to do so.
6. The rain- it has been so rainy here the past few days and it has led me to the conclusion that I really love the rain. I love hearing it at night as we are falling asleep. I love how it makes you slow down. I don’t think I could handle it nearly every day as some states do, but living in a state that averages 300 days a year of sunny weather, its nice to have a change.
7. And speaking of changes- I sense change is coming. Especially with my new position at work and spring popping its head up in full bloom. I’m super excited about it too. I have a subtle sense of adrenaline pumping and my heart seems to be aflutter.